If you are planning significant renovations to your food premises make sure you are allowed to do so before starting work. Significant renovations include:
- upgrading or replacing fixtures and fittings within a food preparation area
- extending a food preparation area.
Do I need approval?
For significant renovations or upgrades, you must submit a development application or an application for a complying development certificate before you start any work.
For more information about getting approval see:
For further information
- Design, construction and fit-out of food premises – lists what should be included with plans for a food premise
- Food premises, design, construction and fit-out guide – a guide to the requirements for building or fitting out a food business.
- Operating a food business is a useful reference when opening a new food business.
Contact us to discuss your plans before starting work.