Opening & Purchasing a Food Business

Purchasing an existing food business

If you are planning to buy a food business we recommend a Pre-purchase Inspection Report.

Contact us to organise an inspection.

Opening a new food business

If you want to build or fit out a new food business contact us for advice before you start any work. 

Do I need approval?

If you want to open a new food business, you must submit a development application or an application for a complying development certificate before you start any work.

For more information about getting approval see:

For further information

Notifying your food business

All owners of food businesses must give their food business details to the NSW Food Authority.

For more information visit How to notify your food business.