Food poisoning complaints
If you have a complaint about a food poisoning incident contact us. It will help us investigate your complaint if you can answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the restaurant, function or event where you believe you ate the contaminated food?
- Where is this restaurant, function or event?
- How many people have become ill?
- What were their symptoms when they became ill?
- When did they become ill?
- What did they eat during the suspected meal? Ensure you provide details of all food including dips and sauces.
- Is there any left over food that we can test?
- Has anyone that became ill seen a doctor?
- If so, does the doctor have a pathology report from a stool sample?
For further information see Food poisoning on the NSW Food Authority's web site.
General food safety complaints
We also investigate general complaints about food businesses. For example:
- foreign matter in food
- dirty premises
- poor hygiene practices
Contact us if you want to make a complaint.