You will need to apply for a Swimming Pool Certificate of Compliance if you sell or lease your property from 29 April 2016 – unless
- Your Occupation Certificate is less than 3 years old and includes your swimming pool.
Unfortunately, most swimming pool barriers (fence & gate) don't meet current safety standards and end up failing the first inspection.
To support you in passing your first inspection, we have identified the 5 most common areas where pools fail to comply. You will find these in our 'Pool Safe' Swimming Pool Self Assessment Tool and on our webpage Pool barrier (fence & gate) child safety standards.
Before you apply for a Swimming Pool Certificate of Compliance you need to
- Register your pool on the NSW Swimming Pool Register
- Use our ‘Pool Safe’ Self Assessment Tool
The first inspection for Swimming Pool Certificate of Compliance costs $150. The follow-up inspection costs $100.
Unsure if your pool is ‘Pool Safe’ and meets current standards?
Here's some more things you can do:
- Book an appointment to meet with us.
- Send us your query firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed self assessment checklists and information visit www.swimmingpoolregister.nsw.gov.au