When is the next cleanup?
The next bulky waste cleanup will be held from 19 June to 28 July 2017. The schedule for the cleanup can be downloaded here
What are the conditions?
- Please place your waste neatly on the kerb or roadside where your bins are normally collected, without obstructing the footpath or roadway
- We ask that you put your waste out two days prior to your scheduled service
- It is important to separate metals from other bulky waste and secure items to avoid windblown littering
- Overall quantity limit is 2 cubic meters – or 1 standard 7 x 4 trailer of each waste type for every house
- Individual items must not weigh more than 30kg (OH&S requirements)
- Mattresses* and Greenwaste will NOT be accepted
- Excess and non-complying waste will not be accepted
- Materials not collected must be removed within 2 days after the collection is complete
- Loose items must be bundles and tied with string or in plastic bags.
Acceptable metal items
- Fridges, clothes dryers, washing machines, stoves, microwaves. Doors must be removed from all appliances and white goods
- Barbecues, metal lawnmowers, wheelbarrows, hot water systems (less than 260Ltrs), bicycles, metal furniture etc
- Scrap metal and other metal waste (tins must be empty of any liquid).
Acceptable Household Waste Items:
- Floor coverings, furniture, chairs, tables, lounges
- Small appliances & vacuum cleaners.
- Pottery, ceramics & Bric-a-brac.
- Other bulky household items.
Small items must be tied securely, with rope or string (not wire), into bundles or contained in sturdy boxes (not plastic bags)
- Commercial waste, trade, industrial and shop wastes. These include items such as plumbing fixtures, water tanks & tiling.
- Building and demolition materials, concrete, bricks & panes of glass.
- Tyres, wrecked motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts & engines.
- Liquids of any sort including fuels and oils.
- Batteries & gas bottles.
- Hot water systems (larger than 260Ltrs).
- Garden organics, timber, grass clippings etc.
- Glass, including glass table tops
- Treated timber, tree stumps & heavy branches.
- Soil and stones.
- Oil heaters
- Household hazardous wastes such as paints (including spray paints), asbestos, solvents, chemicals, cleaners and unwanted medicines.
- Household garbage & food scraps.
- Recyclables collected in the yellow lidded bin.
- Lengths of material longer than 1.8 metres (excluding lounges etc).
- The contractor and council reserve the right to refuse any item they deem unacceptable.
Although mattresses will not be collected, a limit of two mattresses or one mattress and one base per household will be accepted at the landfill free of charge during the cleanup period