Trouble paying

If you are having difficulty paying your rates on time please contact us to discuss your options. You may be able to enter into an arrangement with us to make periodic payments. Please note that interest charges will apply.

If you are suffering severe financial difficulties you may apply for our consideration of your situation, to extend the timeframe within which you can pay your rates. You will need to demonstrate that you have the intention but not the capacity to make payments in accordance with your rates and charges notice. You can find the details in our Financial Hardship (Rates and Charges Relief) policy and you will need to complete the Hardship Rate Relief Application and return it to us.  

Overdue rates may lead to legal proceedings

Council has engaged the services of Recoveries & Reconstructions (Aust) Pty Ltd to collect outstanding monies owed where no arrangement has been entered into for payment. Should these services be required, a legal charge may be payable by you and added to the debt. 

Outstanding rates do sit against the property and can affect your credit rating.