The Strategic Heritage Advisory Committee provides advice on our local heritage and develops heritage projects for the Manning Valley. The Committee meets once every two months. The committee is made up of volunteers who have a passion for our local heritage, representatives from the three local historical societies, two councillors and Council staff.
The Committee aims to:
- encourage the retention and restoration of places of heritage significance in the Manning Valley by working with landowners, historical groups and the community
- promote our local heritage.
Current projects include:
- a review of heritage listings,
- recording of old Council records,
- applying local heritage grants and seeking funding to improve heritage outcomes for the Manning Valley.
A copy of the Committee’s terms of reference is available. If you would like to know more about what is considered by this Committee, past minutes are available.