Modifying after DA approval


We understand that sometimes things change!  If any element of your proposed development changes after we've given consent, you’ll need to submit an application to modify the consent.

Modifications must result in the development being substantially the same as the originally approved development. 


When completing the application, you’ll need to indicate the type of modification you’re proposing, and provide appropriate details:

  1. Minor - Section 96(1) - to correct a minor error, an incorrect description or miscalculation.
  2. Minimal impact - Section 96(1A) - Where the modification has little environmental impact. For example, internal design changes or minor changes to the facade of a building.
  3. Other - Section 96(2) - Changes that may have a larger impact such as modifying the building height or additional lots within a subdivision.

Important:  If your proposed modification means the outcome is substantially different from your original proposal, you’ll need to submit a new development application.  

If you’re unsure about the extent of your modification, ask us by emailing or phoning 6592 5399.